This accessibility statement applies to the History Makers website, as available at https://www.historymakersgm.co.uk.
This website is run by Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- When adjusting the line spacing of text, News story previews do not scale up in line with this.
- PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy reader audio recordings.
- call: 0161 742 6023
- write to us at Making Smoking History, Population Health, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership, 4th Floor, 3 Piccadilly Place, London Road, Manchester, M1 3BN
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 28 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us, or write to Making Smoking History, Population Health, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership, 4th Floor, 3 Piccadilly Place, London Road, Manchester, M1 3BN. We can also. be called on 0161 742 6023.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to ‘exemptions’ listed below.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
We are aware that not all parts of this website are fully accessible. The ‘resources’ page contains a number of PDF documents. These are legacy documents which will not be updated.
There are a number of 'ARIA' tags in the site header which are hidden; this is because they link to external social media sources, and so are not considered a core functionality of the website.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will ensure that all new document uploads to the site are provided in an accessible format.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21/05/2020. It was last reviewed on 21/05/2020.
This website was last tested on 21/05/2020. The test was carried out by our web development team, Hitch Marketing.
We used this approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test. Hitch Marketing tested:
- Use of screen reading software to read content across the site, including image alt text.
- Use of browser zoom functions to enlarge text across the site.
- Use of keyboard to navigate website.
- Using browser plugins to adjust colour contrast, including Increased Contrast, Greyscale, Inverted Colour, Inverted Grayscale, and Yellow on Black
- Use of browser tools to increase line height and spacing.